The ‘smart camera’ approach is advantageous if…
… you wish to integrate the image processing system retrospectively
… have a single task to focus on
… minimal planning and installation effort are important to you
… you wish to remain flexible in terms of models and suppliers
… scalability of the application is important
Today, machine vision systems are already used in almost all areas of industrial production processes to increase the degree of automation and product quality, to monitor 100% and to be able to control processes reliably:
- Automation technology
- Metalworking industry
- automotive industry
- mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering and electronics industry
- wood industry
- food industry
- Vehicle construction (ship, railway, aircraft)
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Precision mechanics, optics
- Leather, textile, clothing industry
- Waste disposal
- Ceramics, glass and plastics industry
- Printing industry
Industrial image processing offers industry and application-specific solutions based on digital image processing systems for continuous monitoring and quality control of production processes. With digital image processing systems, the quality and productivity of your applications can be efficiently designed and optimised.
The tasks that are successfully solved in industry with our intelligent pictor® cameras are extremely diverse and the possible uses are almost unlimited.
- Inspection of attributes
- Checking of distances and positions
- Completeness/presence checks
- Color and pattern detection
- Determining the degree of distinctiveness
- Character recognition / reading text
- Code detection
- Object detection / identification of parts
- Material flow control
- Process control
- Yield optimization
- Surface inspections
- Print image inspection
- Assembly control
- Detection / checking of structures and textures
- Detection of position / rotational position (robot vision)
Components and systems for industrial image processing from Vision & Control are characterised in particular by the fact that they are easy to operate, well documented and can be integrated quickly and thus require little service and support.
If questions do arise, our experienced project engineers are there to help and advise users.
In addition, Vision & Control is continuously expanding the number of competence centres for industrial image processing.
We have created various video tutorials, sample programmes and a simulator for the training and further education of industrial employees in machine vision.